**Currently Sold Out. please contact the box office for updated availability.**
Choreographer and dancer Siudy Garrido and composer/guitarist Jose Luis de la Paz present Flamenco Intimo, a passionate journey through emotion, sensation and color. ome enjoy this beautifully evocative performance in an inviting and socially-distanced outdoor venue. This performance will be a celebration for the company’s return to a live event after more than a year since a national tour in 2020 was put on hold.
SIUDY GARRIDO, is one of today’s most impressive beauties in the Flamenco dance scene. She has been hailed not only by fans, but also by media around the world. “Mesmerizing,” “first-class,” “perfection,” and “a queen” are among the media’s descriptions of celebrated dancer Siudy Garrido. Today, she is recognized as a barrier-breaking artist, swirling traditional and contemporary techniques into a brand of flamenco that’s entirely her own. Siudy Garrido is also an award-winning choreographer and artistic director known for her contemporary approach to Flamenco, Garrido has collaborated with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and flamenco stars such as Farruquito and Antonio Canales.
JOSE LUIS DE LA PAZ, is an award-winning guitarist, composer, virtuoso, and performer, whose original compositions range from the most traditional to the most experimental forms of Flamenco music. His deep knowledge of tradition combined with his passion for research and his contemporary approach to Flamenco music makes José Luis one of the most powerful guitarists today.
Run time: 60 min
Recommended for ages 7+. All patrons entering the theater require a ticket, regardless of age.
Please do not bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers or outside food and drink. Seating will be made available to guests.
PLEASE NOTE: We are excited, as a first step, to welcome you back to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, by activating our Backyard Concert Lawn for a series of socially distant performances. In preparation for your arrival, the Center has taken numerous precautions to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees. The following is list of measures we are taking for a safe re-opening following the guidelines put in place by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Miami-Dade County’s New Normal Guide.
- Patrons must wear a face mask or a protective face covering upon entering the premises and within shared spaces. Face masks and coverings may be removed once seated at designated pod.
- Temperature checks
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Outdoor seating “pods” spaced beyond the minimum 6’ requirements
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions
March 28th will be held as a rain date, should conditions not allow for the performance on March 27th. Please call the SMDCAC Box Office (786-573-5300) after 12 p.m. the day of the performance to confirm if rescheduling is necessary.
In the event that the Center must cancel this event, the following options will be available to patrons:
- Receive a refund
- Exchange your ticket for a gift certificate
- Exchange your ticket for an alternate show
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible and Assistive Listening Devices are available in the Main Stage Auditorium and the Black Box Theater space. To request materials in accessible format, and/or any accommodation to attend an event at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, please contact Stephanie Aponte, 786-573-5314, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least five days in advance to initiate your request, TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).