Acclaimed Mexican-born jazz singer Magos Herrera, a “bold, thrilling and effortlessly global" (NPR) vocalist who’s graced stages from Lincoln Center to Mexico City’s Palacio de Bellas Artes, joins contemporary string quartet Brooklyn Rider in a musical celebration of poets, artists and dissidents who challenged brutal regimes in Latin America. From songwriting gems by Chile’s Violetta Parra and Brazil’s Caetano Veloso, to original compositions for poems by Octavio Paz and Ruben Dario, Dreamers speaks to music’s capacity to defy oppression and keep hope alive.
Recommended for ages 13+. All patrons entering the theater require a ticket, regardless of age. Each ticket is for a two seat pod. Seating will be made available to guests. Please do not bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers or outside food and drink.
PLEASE NOTE: We are excited, as a first step, to welcome you back to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, by activating our Backyard Concert Lawn for a series of socially distant performances. In preparation for your arrival, the Center has taken numerous precautions to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees. The following is list of measures we are taking for a safe re-opening following the guidelines put in place by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Miami-Dade County’s New Normal Guide.
Daily COVID-19 testing of the dancers and artistic staff leading up to and including day-of performance
- Face mask coverings required
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Outdoor seating “pods” spaced beyond the minimum 6’ requirements
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions
If patrons have any questions regarding cancellation due to weather, they should call the box office (786-573-5300) after 12:00 p.m. for the latest update.
In the event that the Center must cancel this event, the following options will be available to patrons:
- Receive a refund
- Exchange your ticket for a gift certificate
- Exchange your ticket for an alternate show
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible and Assistive Listening Devices are available in the Main Stage Auditorium and the Black Box Theater space. To request materials in accessible format, and/or any accommodation to attend an event at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, please contact Stephanie Aponte, 786-573-5314, email@example.com, at least five days in advance to initiate your request, TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).