Dynamic resident ballet troupe Dimensions Dance Theatre of Miami returns with a thrilling evening of “Generations of Genius” a program of premieres choreographed by three generations of brilliant artistic masterminds: “Around Midnight”, a high energy, neoclassical ballet by talented DDTM dancer/choreographer on the rise Yanis Eric Pikieris will make its Miami premiere, the luxuriantly captivating “The Four Seasons” by DDTM’s seasoned choreographer Yanis Pikieris (Sr.) to the music of Antonio Vivaldi, and “Touch Me” a brilliantly emotive male solo created to gospel music by American choreographic icon and Artistic Director of The Joffrey Ballet, the late Gerald Arpino.
JULY 2021 PROGRAM
Dimensions Dance Theatre of Miami
Program II - “Generations of Genius”
* World premiere season - Original commission by Ballet Vero Beach
Choreography by Yanis Eric Pikieris
Music by Ernö Dohnanyi
Choreography by Gerald Arpino
Music by Rev. James Cleveland and The Charles Fold Singers
* Presented with permission from The Gerald Arpino Foundation, and produced in accordance with The Foundation’s established service standards.
The Four Seasons
Choreography by Yanis Pikieris
Music by Antonio Vivaldi
Run Time: 120 minutes with one intermission.
Recommended for ages 7+. All patrons entering the theater require a ticket, regardless of age. Outside food & beverage are not allowed into the venue. Strollers are not permitted inside the auditorium. Student, Senior, Military, Child (12 & under) and Group (10+) discounts are available in person only. Please contact the Box Office for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: All summer programs through September 2021 are being sold implementing socially distant indoor seating. We require anyone not included in your ticket purchase to be located 6’ apart from your seats. Patrons must wear a mask at all times. Should the guidelines change with regard to social distancing or mask wearing prior to the scheduled performance, to allow for reduced separation of audience, the venue retains the right to sell additional seats within the 6’ parameter in accordance with updated or rescinded guidelines. We will notify ticket holders via email should any changes occur.
The following additional measures are being taken for your safety and the safety of our staff:
- Patrons must wear a face mask at all times
- Temperature checks
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions
Please call the SMDCAC Box Office (786-573-5300) after 12 p.m. the day of the performance to confirm if rescheduling is necessary.
In the event that the Center must cancel this event, the following options will be available to patrons:
- Receive a refund
- Exchange your ticket for a gift certificate
- Exchange your ticket for an alternate show
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible and Assistive Listening Devices are available in the Main Stage Auditorium and the Black Box Theater space. To request materials in accessible format, and/or any accommodation to attend an event at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, please contact Stephanie Aponte, 786-573-5314, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least five days in advance to initiate your request, TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).