For their exciting return to the SMDCAC stage, Dimensions Dance Theatre of Miami presents a program reflective of both the emotional trials and tribulations of 2020 and an enduring optimism for a better 2021. Company premieres include “Castles in the Air” by Yanis Eric Pikieris, a contemporary tour de force originally created for film during pandemic lockdowns, Gerald Arpino’s “RUTH, Ricordi per Due”, the iconic choreographer’s statement on remembrance, love, and loss, and the powerful, high spirited “Adiemus” by Yanis Pikieris & David Palmer. The program also includes Ariel Rose “Esferas”, originally commissioned by DDTM for development through the company’s first SMDCAC lab theater Salon performance in 2017..
Dimensions Dance Theatre of Miami
Choreography by Ariel Rose
Castles in the Air (World premiere)
Choreography by Yanis Eric Pikieris
Live musical accompaniment by Anthony Seepersad, Violin
RUTH, Ricordi per Due (Company Premiere)
Choreography by Gerald Arpino
Adiemus (Company Premiere, SMDCAC Commission)
Choreography by Yanis Pikieris & David Palmer
Recommended for ages 7+. All patrons entering the theater require a ticket, regardless of age. The ticket price is for a two-seat pod.
Please do not bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers or outside food and drink. Seating will be made available to guests.
PLEASE NOTE: We are excited, as a first step, to welcome you back to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, by activating our Backyard Concert Lawn for a series of socially distant performances. In preparation for your arrival, the Center has taken numerous precautions to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees. The following is list of measures we are taking for a safe re-opening following the guidelines put in place by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Miami-Dade County’s New Normal Guide.
- Daily COVID-19 testing of the dancers and artistic staff leading up to and including day-of performance
- Patrons must wear a face mask or a protective face covering upon entering the premises and within shared spaces. Face masks and coverings may be removed once seated at designated pod.
- Temperature checks
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Outdoor seating “pods” spaced beyond the minimum 6’ requirements
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions
In the event that the performance should be canceled due to weather, it will be re-scheduled for Sunday, February 21 at 4 p.m. If patrons have any questions regarding cancellation due to weather, they should call the box office (786-573-5300) after 12:00 p.m. for the latest update.
In the event that the Center must cancel this event, the following options will be available to patrons:
- Receive a refund
- Exchange your ticket for a gift certificate
- Exchange your ticket for an alternate show
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible and Assistive Listening Devices are available in the Main Stage Auditorium and the Black Box Theater space. To request materials in accessible format, and/or any accommodation to attend an event at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, please contact Stephanie Aponte, 786-573-5314, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least five days in advance to initiate your request, TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).