Tickets are available beginning April 20 with seating pods for two, three or four people offered.
Based on the books by Margret and H.A. Rey and the Play Owned by Universal Stage Productions
Book and Lyrics by Jeremy Desmon, Music by John Kavanaugh, Directed by Patrick Fitzwater
Join Curious George, the inquisitive, lovable monkey-star of books, movies and the award-winning PBS television show in a brand-new musical. Curious George: The Golden Meatball takes the audience on a fun-filled adventure to learn about Rome, meatballs, and the secret ingredient to cooking!
The event includes a FREE book giveaway of I Believe I Can by Grace Byers as well as special prizes. You must be present to win. COVID-19 protocols are in place to keep your family safe. Tickets are available beginning April 20 with seating pods for two, three or four people offered. The performance and giveaway celebrate the launch of the 15th Annual All Kids Included Festival. The performances feature wheelchair accessible seating, ASL interpretation, low vision seating and Audio Description.
Information for Audio Description users with cochlear implants: FM transmitter transmits on a frequency that can be picked up by a FM radio, so please bring a small FM radio to connect to cochlear implant processor.
In addition to the in-person performances, the Digital AKI festival webpage https://smdcac.org/AKIDigital/ will be available from May 1 through May 31 and will feature arts activities, book readings, and more all designed to promote inclusivity in the arts. The AKI Digital webpage will include ASL interpretation, audio description and closed captions in English and Spanish.
Free event, tickets required!
Run time: 55 min | No intermission
Recommended for ages all ages. All patrons entering the theater require a ticket, regardless of age.
Please do not bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers or outside food and drink. Seating will be made available to guests.
It is the policy of Miami-Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. ASL interpretation, wheelchair and low-vision access will be provided at the in-person performances. To request materials in accessible format, and/or any accommodation to attend an event at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, please contact Stephanie Aponte, 786-573-5314, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least five days in advance to initiate your request, TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).
PLEASE NOTE: We are excited, as a first step, to welcome you back to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, by activating our Backyard Concert Lawn for a series of socially distant performances. In preparation for your arrival, the Center has taken numerous precautions to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees. The following is list of measures we are taking for a safe re-opening following the guidelines put in place by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Miami-Dade County’s New Normal Guide.
- Patrons must wear a face mask or a protective face covering upon entering the premises and within shared spaces. Face masks and coverings may be removed once seated at designated pod.
- Temperature checks
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Outdoor seating “pods” spaced beyond the minimum 6’ requirements
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions