Apply at: miamidade.gov | Job ID71767
Minimum QualificationsBachelor's degree in Business Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Theatre Management or a related field. Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the marketing/public relations and administration of a performing arts facility or theater is required.
Job SpecificationsNATURE OF WORK:
This is highly advanced and specialized work requiring considerable independent decision-making in regard to the creation and implementation of the strategic marketing plan for the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC). Designed by world-renowned Arquitectonica International, Inc., the SMDCAC includes a 966 seat state-of-the-art Theater Building, a separate Activities Building, and an outdoor promenade leading to a gently sloping lawn for outdoor concerts and festivals along the Black Creek Canal.An employee in this class has highly specialized responsibility in providing strategic direction in developing, analyzing, coordinating and administrating the marketing and public relations of the SMDCAC. Emphasis of the work is on the application of advanced marketing principles and techniques in the administration of complex revenue-producing operations. The Marketing and Communications function is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy for the SMDCAC. This includes issues of image and branding, media relations, marketing, research, graphic design, print and electronic media and publications, advertising, sales and all other communications processes required to successfully promote the Center and its programs and facilities. It also includes working proactively with other client organizations to ensure that a consistent set of messages is used for all programs which take place in the Center. Marketing and Communications has the responsibility of making the message of the Center equally available to the diverse communities of Miami-Dade County.
Incumbents exercise considerable independent judgment in fulfilling responsibilities and possess sophisticated skills and knowledge of effective theater marketing and communication strategies. General supervision is received from the Managing Director of the SMDCAC.
• Production of SMDCAC monthly program books: obtain copy from artists or artist representatives and work with designer to meet design and print deadlines.• Maintain SMDCAC web site: upload SMDCAC season content, add rental client show information, maintain and update content on site as needed.
• Rental client relations and marketing: attend all rental client meetings and assist with client’s marketing efforts.• Event/Trade Show Outreach: coordinate SMDCAC’s presence at community events and tradeshows.
• Social Media: create content and maintain SMDCAC social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and other platforms.• Coordinate with Box Office to ensure that patron data and marketing information is entered accurately into the Theater Manager system.
• Attend performances and assist with the SMDCAC information table as needed.• Assist the Theater Marketing and Communications Manager with Advertising and Publicity efforts as needed.
• Prepare detailed and complex, short and long term marketing reports concerning audience attendance, event awareness, renter use and marketing effectiveness. Establish marketing projections and develop recommendations for strategy implementation.• Develop and execute ongoing marketing outreach activities including but not limited to: Presentations at PTA meetings, schools and community organizations; a presence at community events, street fairs and forums; partnerships with local businesses; eye-catching sidewalk marketing; and collaborations with the local arts and cultural attractions network.
• Prepare public presentations with appropriate audio visual support for staff and board members to use in a coordinated program of public speaking on behalf of the Center
• Work to provide maximum publicity in support of ticket sales and community awareness for SMDCAC sponsored events. This includes coordinating interviews and photo opportunities for performers, education programs, and community events.• Maintain the inventory of marketing materials and collateral.
• Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing applicable to the performing arts industry
Knowledge of public relations principles and techniquesAbility to design, plan and manage performing arts marketing projects
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writingAbility to analyze and interpret a variety of technical data and prepare reports containing sound conclusions
Ability to supervise the design and development of market research projectsAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, superiors, a variety of public and private officials and the general public
Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skillsAbility to clearly articulate a vision, exhibits a commitment to quality, and demonstrate the versatility to successfully navigate the complexities of marketing an enterprise with many stakeholders
Ability to supervise and motivate subordinates and volunteers in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects
Flexible with schedule and ability to travel
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills