The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC) provides a world-class, multi-disciplinary cultural venue and community gathering place in the southern part of Miami-Dade County. The Center plays a key role in the economic and cultural development of the area and opened on October 1, 2011. In addition to providing a diverse range of quality entertainment to people from all backgrounds and ages, the Center's mission includes an emphasis on educational and outreach activities in partnership with community groups and schools. To accomplish this goal, SMDCAC participates in various partnerships with area schools and nonprofit groups within the area.
High school diploma or GED. One-year experience in a professional theater and/or arts education environment is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required in Performing Arts, Education, Arts Education or a related field OR two years of professional arts education experience to include the management of youth programs.
NATURE OF WORK
This position requires a responsible, professional liaison who facilitates and, at times, manages outreach projects and other related South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC) programming and interactions with school-age children, community groups and patrons. This position reports directly to the Education and Outreach Manager.
Work responsibilities include the following:
- Planning, implementing and assisting in the administration of department-targeted programs for school-age children and educators.
- Communicate with teachers, community representatives, parents, and students, and entails making independent work decisions based on experience and knowledge of departmental operations. Difficult technical policy or procedural questions are referred to a supervisor for decision.
- Employees in this position are expected to be able to perform any and all work tasks and comply with any work schedules or attendance or duty requirements.
- Work is performed independently under general supervision and is evaluated through weekly or bi-weekly meetings in addition to a formal annual evaluation.
- Major responsibilities include maintaining, staffing (as necessary), and managing SMDCAC’s after school Dance program, SMDCAC’s Indie Flicks independent film series and assigned responsibilities with the planning and implementation of the annual All Kids Included Family Arts Festival and associated fieldtrips. Duties may include but are not exclusive to committee activities, coordinating, training, and supervising, if necessary, service volunteers, mentors, and staff.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
Develops and implements innovative programs in conjunction with educational institutions, local business groups and service organizations.
Coordinates, facilitates, and participates in community events and programs and other work related forums.
Collaboratively plans activities and programs and offers presentations in area schools and at civic and community associations.
Coordinates and facilitates community events and has responsibility to manage programs or events, when necessary.
Networks, maintains, and expands partnerships with other community organizations, as it relates to the department’s activities.
Tracks attendance, income and expenses for outreach activities and provides status reports when requested.
Performs related work as assigned.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skill in public speaking, presentations, and designing programs.
Skill in utilizing computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom). Experience with AMS Theater Management System is a plus.
Prepare and maintain required reports and records.
Develop visual aids and other instructional materials to meet specific program needs.
Ability to mediate differences in opinions of varying individuals and foster consensus on diverse issues.
Ability to work flexible working hours that includes some weekends.
Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, orally and in writing with various individuals and groups.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, community groups, educators, school children, parents, civic associations and the general public as necessitated by the work.
Ability to multi-task and handle more than one project at a time.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Possession and maintenance of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License. Ability to drive within Miami-Dade County may be required for certain work-related projects and outreach activities. Successful candidates must be able to work outside and be available late afternoon/evenings on an on-going and regular basis.
The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
The deadline to receive applications is by the end of the day Monday November 8, 2021, no phone calls or walk ins!
Rate: $17.00/per hour (40 hour workweek)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, show dates, special events, some Saturdays, and possible holidays.
To apply for this position, contact WorkSquare at 888.815.9994 or visit their website at www.worksquare.com