SMDCAC is a world-class, multi-disciplinary performing arts center in the heart of the Town of Cutler Bay. The Center is managed by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, with funding support from the Office of the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners. SMDCAC is dedicated to presenting and supporting arts and culture and providing access to the arts to the entire Miami-Dade County community. General Statement of Responsibilities: Ushers are a vital part of the experience that the patrons have when they first enter the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center. The service element that the ushering staff offers to event attendees ensures a favorable impression and guarantees their comfort and safety.
- Must have experience working with the public.
- Must possess sensitivity to the needs of patrons.
- Must possess a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must have the ability to enforce safety regulations.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively via radio headset.
- First Aid CPR/AED certification is preferred.
- Ability to carry at least 50 lbs. of material.
- Provide all guests with a positive first impression of the SMDCAC by offering superior, individualized guest service through excellent customer service.
- Hand out programs as patrons are led into the theater.
- Effectively communicate with guests locating their seats.
- Ability to identify problems and work with Managers to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Provide information regarding SMDCAC events and facilities.
- Have a working understanding of the functions of other departments.
- Pay attention to ensure no food or beverages go into theatres when appropriate.
- Seat latecomers (most times in partial darkness).
- Follow directions of Captains and House Managers.
- Assist patrons with disabilities.
- Monitor crowd for unusual behavior, flash photography and video cameras.
- Lead patron evacuations in case of emergencies.
All interested candidates will need to contact WorkSquare at 888.815.9994 or visit their website at www.worksquare.com.
Job Type: Flexible schedule (Must be able to work daytime, evenings, holidays, and weekends on a varied work schedule.)
Salary: $12.00 /hour