South Miami Dade Cultural Arts Center (SMDCAC) is seeking highly skilled Building Attendants to assist with the day to day operations of the facility. Position acts as an ambassador to the facility, requires exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will ensure the safety and well-being of all guests, members, colleagues, patrons and visitors of SMDCAC. The building attendant will strive to provide the highest degree of professional and courteous service. This position endeavors to maintain, and will always attempt to improve, the status of safety and security within and around the facility and grounds. The building attendant will effectively use all the tools at their disposal and care for the assets of SMDCAC.
SMDCAC is a world-class, multi-disciplinary performing arts center in the heart of the Town of Cutler Bay.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Protect property and lives by patrolling the area.
- Detecting suspicious activity and threats to property or people
- Daily reporting of all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies
- Monitor entrances of property through camera surveillance.
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents.
- Guard against theft and maintain security.
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress.
- Call for aid if necessary.
- Use short-wave radios and cell phones to stay in contact with other attendants and management
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Regulate and monitor building systems.
- Manage parking lot signs.
- Position or remove barricades to prevent parking in certain spots
- Manage VIP Parking List
- Manage traffic flow from cross walk to theater
- Escort customers or employees to their vehicles if needed.
- Give directions as needed
All interested candidates will need to contact WorkSquare at 888.815.9994 or visit their website at www.worksquare.com.
Job Type: Flexible schedule (Must be able to work daytime, evenings, holidays, and weekends on a varied work schedule.)
Salary: $12.00 /hour