More than one year working in a performing arts center, customer service, or marketing field. High School diploma or GED.
Nature of Work:
Tasks include, but not limited to, running customer service/information table at SMDCAC and community events to promote the Center’s offerings. Weekend work hours are required in this position. The position reports to the Marketing and Public Information Officer and the Marketing Coordinator.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Providing information and answering questions about the Center at the information table at performances and events taking place at SMDCAC.
- Providing information and representing the Center at off-site community events such as the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, Carnival on the Mile, The Book Fair, Zoo Boo, etc. Positon is responsible for booking the Center at events, creating a staffing schedule and set up and tear down at these events.
- Coordinating and dropping off promotional materials at community organizations and businesses on an ongoing basis.
- Stocking and restocking brochure racks, information tables, and Box Office with promotional materials throughout the facility on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with writing reports, such as Capacity Reports and Information Table reports.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Ability to interact with the public in a customer service capacity. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Basic computer skills. Theater Crew 1 will work irregular hours and weekend shifts as required and must have the physical strength and agility to lift / carry heavy loads (up to 20-50lbs.) and stand for extended periods required.
This is a part-time position with WorkSquare.
Payrate: $12.00/per hours
Hours: 20-40 hours per week
Apply at www.worksquare.com