All summer programs through September 2021 are being sold implementing socially distant indoor seating. We require anyone not included in your ticket purchase to be located 3’ apart from your seats.
Due to the recent spike in the percentage of positive cases in Miami-Dade County, our Mayor Daniella Levine Cava has instituted a mask requirement for all employees and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, while on Miami-Dade County property. As the South Miami-Dade Cultural Art Center is operated by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, we must require all visitors attending the cultural center to wear and maintain a mask for the duration of your visit except while you are actively consuming food or beverages at your seat.
We require that if you are eating or drinking at your seat that you wear your mask between bites and sips. Refusal to wear a mask may result in your being asked to leave the facility as well as being restricted from future access to the Center.
If you plan to attend one of our upcoming events, you will see all SMDCAC staff masked, however you may experience some artists, while performing, without a mask.
If you are unable or unwilling to adhere to these temporary mask requirements or uncomfortable with the performance environment, please feel free to contact our Box Office at 786-573-5300 for a full refund.
Should the guidelines change with regard to social distancing or mask wearing prior to the scheduled performance, to allow for reduced separation of audience, the venue retains the right to sell additional seats within the 3’ parameter in accordance with updated or rescinded guidelines. We will notify ticket holders via email should any changes occur.
The following additional measures are being taken for your safety and the safety of our staff:
- Reduced audience capacity
- Hand sanitizer stations have been located at all entryways, and high traffic areas
- Floor marking to assist in maintaining social distancing
- Staff training conducted in advance on CDC, and Miami-Dade County Covid-19 related protocols and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures including disinfecting all high touch surfaces
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers have been installed where possible
- Open lid garbage and recycle bins are in place
- Temporary reduction or elimination of concessions
In the event that the Center must cancel an event, the following options will be available to patrons:
- Receive a refund
- Exchange your ticket for a gift certificate
- Exchange your ticket for an alternate show
Updated as of 8/20/21